Dr Pantea McKay
Dr Pantea McKay
Dr McKay studied dentistry at the University of Melbourne, graduating in 2006 with Honours. She then worked in Melbourne at the Alfred Hospital and later in the UK as a house officer in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
After returning to Australia Dr McKay pursued her interest in orthodontics, completing a Doctor of Clinical Dentistry (Orthodontics) at the University of Melbourne, graduating as a specialist orthodontist in 2012. That same year she gained Membership in the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons and the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh by examination. She is also certified with the Australian Orthodontic Board.
Dr McKay has worked as an orthodontist in private practice in Melbourne, as well as giving back to the community in the public sector in both the Royal Dental Hospital of Melbourne and as a senior orthodontist at Monash Medical Centre and Monash Children’s Hospital in the Cleft Lip and Palate service. She has also volunteered with the Rotary Vietnam Dental Health Project and participates in the ‘Give a Smile’ program.
Dr McKay has a passion for continuing education and staying abreast of the latest technologies in orthodontics, for which she regularly attends local and international courses and conferences. She has published research articles in the Australian Dental Journal and the journal Haemophilia. She is also involved in the Australian Society of Orthodontists as a member of the Communication and Information Committee.
- Doctor of Clinical Dentistry (Orthodontics), University of Melbourne (2012)
- Membership in Special Field of Orthodontics, Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons (2012)
- Membership in Orthodontics, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (2012)
- Bachelor of Dental Science (Honours), University of Melbourne (2006)
- Australian Society of Orthodontists
- Australian Orthodontic Board
- World Federation of Orthodontists
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Australian Dental Association